Serve it hot or cold for a boost of vitamin C.
You will need either an infuser teapot or a ball infuser or a strainer plus a teapot.
Add the crushed petals to the teapot using one of the following methods:
- Put the leaves directly in to your teapot and then add boiling water. Once brewed use a strainer to catch the petal residue when pouring out the tea
- Add the petals to an infuser ball, then add this to your teapot before adding the boiling water
- Use a teapot with a built in strainer or infuser. This is the most convenient in my opinion.
Allow the brew to infuse for 5 minutes before pouring in to teacups.
Add sweetener to taste and enjoy.
- Adding a spoon of lime juice will change the colour and add some zing in the process!
- In the summer this makes a refreshing drink if allowed to cool. Pour over ice cubes and add mint leaves for flavour and appearance.
Serving Size 250 ml